BMW Werkz banner

whats the difference

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rxfx101 
#1 ·
a 2 door 325i and a 2 door 325is? Are they the same or what? Also would buying a 325e be a good idea for racing or not< dont they have a very low rev limiter?

David

#2 ·
The "s" in "is" stands for sport. It got stiffer springs and shocks, LSD diff, different seats, and a 3 spoke stearing wheel. If you are going to race out an E30 find an "i" or "is". The "e's" have less power to start with, along with a smaller cam, softer valve springs, smaller injectors, smaller throttle body, smaller intake runners, and a few other things that I cant think of right now.

#4 ·
Originally posted by rxfx101@Apr 5 2004, 12:23 PM
if i can get a 325is parts car would it be possible to swap out the rear diff and put it on my 325i?
yes, as long as its going from a manual car to another manual car, or auto to auto. though some people like to put the automatic (or M3) 4.10lsd into a 5speed for a shorter gearing ratio.

about the 'i' and 'is' stuff, the 325is was the only 2door 2.5L in 87 and 88, 1989 and 1990 i believe had the 325i 2doors and the 325is 2door sport. while in 1991 there was only a 325i 2door but you could get the optional sport package to make it the equivalent of a 325is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.