BMW Werkz banner

water under backseat???

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DelEvoM3Cab 
#1 ·
there is water somehow leaking UNDERNEATH my backseat....it's not the convertible top, because i sat and tried to see if water was coming from there and it wasn't.....somehow water is getting in so that it's not visible unless you take out the backseat cushions....then there's huge pools of water when it rains.....anyone have any ideas as to how water may be getting in?
thanks!

#2 ·
I don't know....

#4 ·
A freind of mine at work had that problem in his 325. In his car, the rear glass weather stripping was failing and had gaps in quite a few areas. I'd check that out first.

#5 ·
I had the same problem.
The water was leaking in from the Hood storage compartment (Where the hood goes when it is down). In the storage compartment there should be holes that allow water out. One of the holes was blocked with some plastic that had fallen in when i had a new hood fitted. This meant that it was filling up with water and then leaking in to the back seats.
This has now been removed and no longer have the problem.

Unfortunately it had destroyed the rear seats before i found out i had the problem and had to have them replaced

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.