BMW Werkz banner

stoping the beeping

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CodyB 
#1 ·
does any one know of a fairly easy way to stop the beeping noise that occurs when you open the door with the key partly turned... i know its triggerd by the little sensor in the door jam, and i've tryed putting tape over it but it doesn't seem to be strong enough to hold the sensor down

#2 ·
I have done it to my car, what you have to do it, under the steering wheel, (not behind it, dont take the sterring wheel off, lol), its where you feel the heat come on your feet, you have to sorta take out that entire big plastic peice and a little speaker box should come down, thats it, just rip that shit off, or do what I did, just get some electrical tape and tape over the speaker a few times to really mute it down so you can barely hear it, but I wouldnt suggest completely ripping it out, its always nice to know if it is really closed or not :goodness: , or just RIP THAT SHIT OUT :banghead :thud

#4 ·
Hey another question about this beeping....

sometimes that beep will sound for me for aparently no reason (but i'm sure there is one...).

According to the owner's manual it will beep when the outside temperature is below freezing to "warn" you of icy roads. But it seems to beep on warm days too...

Any other reasons why this thing would beep?

thanks

#10 ·
LoL you wussies!

Annoyes the crap out you! ha

I rigged a 200 watt amp and a 15 inch subwoofer to that bitch.

Or just tape it over a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.