BMW Werkz banner

Dumb Questions from a Newbie

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TECH 
#1 ·
I know, I know I am almost embarassed to ask this but I am the second owner and I did not get a manual when I purchased the car. Where is the fuse box located? My lighter won't work and I am assuming it is the fuse.

Also when I turn the car off the oil light stays on in yellow instead of red any suggestions what this could be.

One final question: I want to set my time but I can't get my instrument cluster to switch to time instead it just switches back and forth between degrees celius and faranheit.

#3 ·
Originally posted by chris323i@Jan 24 2004, 04:30 PM
I can answer the time question. Change your instrument cluster display to time with the button on the end of the stick on the LH side of your steering column. Then use the LH side trip odometer reset button to change the time.

Hope that works!
Change the time with the RIGHT side trip button. Twist it one way or the other to change the time.

The fuse box is located in the glovebox. Look at the top, you'll see a couple of tabs, twist them and the fuses drop down. There should be a puller and a paper chart in there to tell you what's what.

The yellow oil light indicates that the oil level is low. Red is oil pressure.

#5 ·
Originally posted by TECH+Jan 24 2004, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TECH @ Jan 24 2004, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chris323i@Jan 24 2004, 04:30 PM
I can answer the time question. Change your instrument cluster display to time with the button on the end of the stick on the LH side of your steering column. Then use the LH side trip odometer reset button to change the time.

Hope that works!
Change the time with the RIGHT side trip button. Twist it one way or the other to change the time.

The fuse box is located in the glovebox. Look at the top, you'll see a couple of tabs, twist them and the fuses drop down. There should be a puller and a paper chart in there to tell you what's what.

The yellow oil light indicates that the oil level is low. Red is oil pressure. [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the correction TECH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.