BMW Werkz banner

Volvo S60R vs. 330i

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  playdrv4me 
#1 ·
Or perhaps M3 would be the better comparison. I was surprised to see the peformance (5.4 0-60) and hardware (300hp) numbers on the S60R which was recently introduced as a revival of the old legendary 850R Sedans.

What do you guys think of this car? If the performance and luxury features are as good as they say I might consider this as my next vehicle if I cant get into a large luxury car (which im more used to). The price, at under 40k certainly undercuts the M3 by at least 13k and matches the 330i.

RetroSpek, you seem to be very unbiased on cars, so what do you have to say?

Im a BMW lover first and foremost though,and dont know alot about Volvos,
Opinions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Wassup. I am not too familiar with the s60r. Ive read a little about them here and there and heard that theyre good "bullet proof cars". Lets see:

volvo quality
bi-xenons
300 hp and 295 ft lbs of torque
AWD
6 speed manual gear box
17 or 18 inch wheels on pirelli pzeros
3 buttons inside to choose "chassis mode"
and nice classy interior with mercedes-like dials
auto dim mirrors
and nice seats

Almost everything is standard in that car except for the premium sound and navigation. Even the bixenons are standard.

For $38k its a similar price to a loaded - 325ci.

If you like the styling (which i do), its a lot of bang for the buck. I thought the G35 gave a lot for the money but this car beats em all. You should drive it and see how it feels.

Lawrence

#3 ·
Its got Brembo Ventilated Discs, an LSD and Variable Valve Timing too!

Really a nice little car, and ive confirmed that the pricing is not just BS advertising pricing, theres several on autotrader (new or nearly new) for around 38,995. Volvo CANT be making alot of money on this car, and id be willing to bet its price will increase if it stays around for a few years.

While im not a huge fan of the blocky looking looking roofline of the S60 in comparison to the S80, I do love the front and rear ends and everything else. Im not looking to get rid of my 330 yet, but maybe a couple years down the road when depreciation hits this will be my next one!

Im Impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.