BMW Werkz banner

*Air Filter/Intake*

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Midnhtsun 
#1 ·
Hey....im thinkin about making these my first engine MODs to a 325is
Anyone got a problem or suggestion about them? If u think i should get something else, pleae tell me.
Its the POWER FLOW INTAKE and the AIR FILTER from B.A.S. ,after everything it would be about $300, whatcha think?
http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp (preformace - intake/induction - 95' 325is)
THANX :cheers

#2 ·
300 is obviously way to much for an intake. you should get an intake off e bay. intake doesn't do so much for hp gains. an intake only gives you about 5-10 hp. if you want more hp and performance you should get some headers instead.

#9 ·
Just get a decent intake for under $100 off EBAY.. then buy a decent catback exhaust and chip it with someone like a DINAN or conforti chip, you'll be sittin pretty after that...

#11 ·
exhaust manifold is only for turbos.

The reason they are up to 1000 is that they are for BMWs. Go look for headers on hondas or mazdas and they are around 2-300. Your just paying for the name.

Get a filter and adapter plate off ebay. Then go buy some 3" exhaust tubing from advance auto parts and make your own with rubber elbows or bend the pipe if you have access.

Either way no matter what you do you wont gain much power because BMWs (at least up to e36 im sure) dont come with adaptive ECUs. So no matter how much you put in the ecu wont remap the fuel curve, so your gonna have to get a new ecu, the best of which is a Jim C chip or the shark depending if your obd1 or 2.

Personally i believe the absolute best bang for your buck is getting high compression pistons. That will up your torque a shitload and getting pistons for only around 800 is awesome considering thats how much headers are and headers arnt worth shit. Then considering the money to install the pistons maybe another 800 or so. But you will have very much more power.

#12 ·
Actually I would try here http://www.vibrantperformance.com/ you can get a pretty good price for the intake, also check some of your local imports parts store. and just make a cold air intake shield. the ones on ebay that i see just dont seem that great.

I noticed some one said headers for 500? where have you seen that, im looking for some myself.

Also anyone know the quality of the headers sold on ebay?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.