BMW Werkz banner

reliability?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Slvr e39 
#1 ·
:screwy :idea2 ok, so with those 2 gooofy faces out of the way...i just sold my '93 civic, and am now looking to get an upgrade..like a '96 m3 w/ 85k miles or so, cuz my price range only goes upto 15k...so, i need something under 15k, and i LOVE the m3's...i was wondering how reliable they are, and if any1 drives any high mileage BMW's, and if they got any advice or anything...my civic was pretty good to me, for the most part...and im looking at either an m3 w/ kind of high mileage, or a '01 cobra....cobra to m3, kind of opposites, but 32valves, 305hp is cool, and an m3 is the sweetest car alive..well, just looking for any help..e-mail me or IM me at supertones31 or supertones31@juno.com or just make a reply..thanks
-Jason

#2 ·
treated well a bmw will run longer that you can live.

now go forth and buy your M

#3 ·
I drove my last BMW very hard all the way until I got rid of it with 225K miles on the clock. As long as you maintain the vehicle then reliability is not really of concern. Buy the M3, the Cobra may be fast but the real fun is in the corners.
Ben

#4 ·
there werent too many m3's built in 96, although if you search a real high volume car site like autotrader you'll hopefully be able to find what your looking for. 95's and 97's are much more common, though pretty different. reliability is one of the things that makes bmw's great especially the e36 M3's with the smooth and not too high strung I6's. although if you find a high mileage one in good shape and want to drive it hard, you have to make sure you take good care of it too. dont think if you find one for $15k then thats it. always leave some room for unexpected repairs that the PO forgot to mention because afterall a 96 M3 is a 8yr old car now.

#6 ·
buy an ///M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.