BMW Werkz banner

M3 Seats

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  BlackTape 
#1 ·
hi i have a 92 325 and the front seats are in awful shape, they're torn up real bad and i wanna buy these

will they fit? since they are not the vader seats they are from a 4 door and do not have the tilt feature (im guessing). and i have a 4 door so thats all good. they are not power and im told they will fit.

will i have to adjust the seatbelt connector or is it the same for all bmw?

also i have a tan seats right now and since i am not changing the rear seats is there ne way to color my back seats grey or vice versa ?

#3 ·
as for the backseats, I would buy some of the dye to make them match or buy a new set of rear seats from a salvage yard or someone parting out their car.

#5 ·
Ok, here's the skinny:

If those seats are from a 4 door and you want to put them in a 2 door they will mount fine to the floor, however, you will not have that "tilt" feature. The seatbelts will work fine. Use your current buckles and mount it to the seats if they aren't included. If the buckles are included you have nothing to worry about. I did a whole 1998 M3 interior swap in my car over summer and it was pretty easy.

Also, those are not Vaders. those are the M3 sport seats. from what i understand, the vaders' bolsters wouldn't fit right in the sedans interior design - so BMW offered the M3/4 with the sport option (non-vaders) and luxury option (same seats but wont have the ///M stripes). I think 96 was the only year the M stripes weren't available on the M3/4 front seats.

#6 ·
ya thanks guys

also i wanted to know how much is too much to pay. . . they are sused and they art even vaders. they are froma 4door and 4door M3 do not have vader they have sport seats from a car w/ sport package with an ///M stripes. on it.

Also, those are not Vaders. those are the M3 sport seats. from what i understand, the vaders' bolsters wouldn't fit right in the sedans interior design - so BMW offered the M3/4 with the sport option
yes thats what I said before. i asked will they fit since they are NOT vaders. maybe people mis understood

#9 ·
welll m3 has their own, unique to any other bmw seats untill m3 started having un-coupes like the 4dr and hte convertible. then the 2door got the std m3 seats (vaders) and the 4dr/convertible got the seats u get in a 3 series withe sport package. while the sport seats do add support and comfort to the already very good regular seats, the vaders are even better.

regular

sport

vaders

not how the sport seats have more angled sides to help comfort you and keep you in your seat during turns and vaders have even thigh and shoulder support.

#11 ·
Originally posted by bimmer92+Jan 6 2004, 10:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bimmer92 @ Jan 6 2004, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gbf1lm@Jan 4 2004, 03:04 PM
ya thanks guys

also i wanted to know how much is too much to pay. . .

:blink: I'm with gbf1lm...what's a fair range to pay? [/b][/quote]
for a very good set of them...would run about 2 grand..but u can find nice ones for bout 800-1000

#12 ·
Originally posted by BMWg84@Jan 4 2004, 03:44 PM
I think 96 was the only year the M stripes weren't available on the M3/4 front seats.
M3/4 in 96 :nono

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.