BMW Werkz banner

Jet Black vs. Black Sapphire Metallic

9K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  deepbluesea 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I am interested in purchasing a new 2004 BMW X5 4.4 and was wondering if anyone new the difference in the Jet Black and the Black Sapphire Metallic. I haven't made my way over to the dealer, but if anyone knows the difference please post it. Also, if anyone has pics of Jet Black, feel free to post them. Thanks guys! :driving

#4 ·
I was looking into that when I bought my Z4. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference between the two colors unless you get up close and get the light just right. Then you can see the "sparklies" in the Sapphire Mettalic. From a distance they both are glossy black. If you are set on getting a black one then I would recommend saving the extra money for the paint job and just gel the non-metallic black.

#5 ·
My first 745i was in the saphire mettaic. in the sun this car lloks like a dark mettalic grey. the jet (obsidian) black is just that. IMO the saphire mettalic is a richer color unless you are into the chrome rim scene then there is no substitute for jet black. hope this helps.
MK

#6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! I went to the dealer tonight and checked out the new 2004 and wow is that a clean looking suv, or sav i guess:) might have to order the car from the factory to get all the options i want but its gonna be worth the wait.... Here's a new question for everyone though...I was pretty set on getting Black exterior with Black leather, but at the dealer they had a Black Sapphire with the Beige Leather and it looked very nice. Anybody have any preferences or pros/cons? thanks guys!! God Bless!

#9 ·
I have a 325 4-door Jet black, black leather interior, and 65% window tint. I LOVE IT. My father and a jet black 528 blk leather, 65% tint, loves it, my mom has a jet black Z3 with the tan leather, it is always looking dirty, even when it has been driven with the top closed. As you can see we have a small lack of creativity when it comes to color.

:driving

#11 ·
Originally posted by MaSk64@Dec 28 2003, 11:01 PM
Hey guys. I am interested in purchasing a new 2004 BMW X5 4.4 and was wondering if anyone new the difference in the Jet Black and the Black Sapphire Metallic. I haven't made my way over to the dealer, but if anyone knows the difference please post it. Also, if anyone has pics of Jet Black, feel free to post them. Thanks guys! :driving
[snapback]70166[/snapback]​
Just looked at them this weekend. The jet Black. is solid, and the Saphhire has metalflake type finish. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.