BMW Werkz banner

328is vs is300

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  0p5 
#1 ·
I have a 98 328is (auto) and I am wondering who would win in a race between me and an is300? I almost raced on tonight, but decided not to cuz i had seen two cops on the way home, but he still raced me even though i wasn't even trying, but i was kinda keeping up, and i just thought to myself that i think i wouldve won, I went to edmunds.com and in their full test of the 2001 their car did 0-60 in 7.5, and i know i can get my car 0-60 in 7, but usually edmunds times are a little high, so i was wondeirng you guys' opinions.

#3 ·
IS300's aren't that fast at all. I have a manual 328is and I've beaten every one of them I've raced off the line. However, unless you take off your governor, they will own you up high =P

#6 ·
Originally posted by bimmer4Life@Dec 27 2003, 12:12 PM
I have a 1997 328is (Auto) and I have already smoked 3 Is300 :D

By the way a 328is does 0-60 in 6.2 sec. People have smoked Prosche Boxter with this puppy :goodness:
Yea the manual does it in 6.2, but the auto just can't match it, still a pretty good automatic transmission though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.