BMW Werkz banner

F10 M5? Er No thanks E39 M5 forever

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  alaam5 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I dont know about you, but to be honest the E39 M5 has something special about it..

I have had mine for over 6 years now, and I still love everything about it, dont get me wrong when it comes to engineering the E60 & F10 are better..

BUT, and thats a big But! The E39 is by far the prettiest M5 made..epsec when its in Carbon Black.. obviously i am biased..

By the way have a look at the new M5 on a race track

F10 M5

#3 ·
E39 ///M5 is an ALL TIME CLASSIC!!! It remains, and will forever be, BREATHTAKING! a car that when I first saw her hood opened it was an epiphany for me en route to a lifetime of Bimmer-love! The weight, solid body construction, wonderful understated lines, spectacular NA power - the matching airboxes up front - just MAGIC! It was E39 M5 or my E46 M3 when I got my baby and only the vert with the hardtop included made me go the way I did. Hats off and all hail the MIGHTY E39 ///M5!!!

#4 ·
All of the M cars have something special to offer, the newer variants are yet to become classics, but that is a factor of time and long term appreciation of the experience. In my opinion, the newer models have taken on a less attractive rear end to the E34 & E39 versions, but that's down to personal taste.

#5 ·
Hi i just bought my m5 2002 and u seem to have some knowledge abt these cars. I am planning to put afe stage 2 intake and evolve ECU tune does it give feel noticable power gain
?regarding both upgrades thanks alot

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
"Noticeable" is subjective. You may feel a difference yes. Not huge, but enough to notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.