BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - Hello to all bimmerwerkz members
View Single Post
#14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Lord Vader
4DoorWhore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
I hate those rich kids because they will never appreciate the vehicle for what it is. At least people who buy their own appreciate it and take care of it.

The best way is to get in their and start fixing stuff.

I see you had the dreaded hood cable freeze too! Mine broke a while ago and I have since replaced it. You dont want to pull the cable out. This makes this much much harder. You want to cut the grommet off the old cable so you can feed the new one through. Tape the new one to the old one super well. Then pull through.

This is where it feeds in behind the speaker:

See here how their taped together?

This here is where it goes into the fender. Removing the fender would allow you to acess this hole from the outside.

This is why the cable breaks. The latches get full of gunk and stick. The latch isnt able to take the force and the cable breaks, usually at the plastic handle itself.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome