BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - *** My Tires Are Getting Destroyed ***
View Single Post
#13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Lord Vader
4DoorWhore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
I run 225/40R18 up front and 245/35R18 in the rear. I thought you said in your first post these were 20" rims?

Hard to say, as you need to look for something with a higher spring perch. Maybe KW, or Bilstein. Ground Control are my favorite. The thing with your shocks now, is no matter how big a rim you get, the spring perch remains the same height. This leaves two options, either your camber is seriously messed up, or your rubbing. Have you taken the wheel off and physically looked at the strut to look for tire wear?

Looking at the pictures you posted it does look like the only reason this is occuring is rubbing. Its a sharp wear pattern. Too much camber would make it more even on the edge. The cheapest option i can see right now is to run wheel spacers, and roll your fenders some more if needed. The wheel spacers should give you that little extra to clear the spring perch.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome