BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - *** My Tires Are Getting Destroyed ***
View Single Post
#10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Lord Vader
4DoorWhore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
On a standard wheel, imagine a line drawn through the center width of the wheel. Offset is how far forward, or back from that line the hub that mounts the wheel to the car sits. Its measured in MM. Negative offset is how far back the hub is, and positive offset is how far forward the hub is.

Now your tires are clearly rubbing on something. But what i cant tell from the first picture you posted is which wheel came from what location? Is the rubbing on the inside of the wheel, or the outside?

If the wheel is rubbing on the outside edge of the wheel then you clearly have fender rubbing issues and more rolling, stretching or modification must be done. If it is rubbing on the inside edge of the wheel then you are rubbing on your spring perch. The only two ways to solve this, are new shocks with a higher spring perch (usually coilovers), or get smaller wheels/tires.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome