BMW Werkz banner

About to buy a 08 M5..am I getting a good deal?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Lord Vader 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, like the title says Im thinking of buying a 08 SMG M5 with 49k miles. Theyre giving me a 7yr/100k mile drivetrain warranty, also the car has a Tubi Exhaust and theyre shipping it to me for free. The price right now is $43,800. Payments would be around $589..do you guys think Im getting a good deal? Any input would be greatly appreciated..Also not sure if it makes a difference but Im trading in my truck and theyre giving me top dollar for the trade in based on NADA values, plus they want an additional $2500 down..what do you all think? Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Do your due diligence first

First of all, they SHIPPING it to you?? Have you seen this car in person and driven it? Beyond that, have you done the background/service record checks?

Generally, when you get a good deal on a trade-in, the price was too high to begin with. They're not about to lose money on the deal. It sounds to me like you should tread carefully here. Just my 2 cents.

#3 ·
You should post a link to the ad. Where are you, and where is the car? While its possible to buy a car without seeing it, I would rather see and drive the car first. Its easy to cover up problems in pictures. Make sure you run the VIN first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.