BMW Werkz banner

92 318is idling problem.

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  doltukun 
#1 ·
Now my car will occasionally idle a bit rough. When I say that I mean by that After starting up, it will surge up to about 1200 rpm, then stall. And keep doing it more and more and won't stop. And when it does this, it sounds like its missing. Now sometimes it will run just fine.

I've been working on the problem for about a year now after I rebuilt the head. But i just can't figure out what the problem is??

I've replaced the dme, fuel filter, belts, o2 sensor (only one and its before cat), idle control valve, fuel pressure regulator, coil packs, spark plugs, plug wires. And I've been looking for a vacuum leak but I can't find ANYTHING.
Can anyone shed some type of light on this, I'm so stuck right now.

#6 ·
Did you try your MAF? Start by cleaning it. That and your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Did you check the little hose UNDERNEATH the intake manifold? some people forget that their is one.

#8 ·
Check your fuel pump then. If theirs something wrong with it then that may cause it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.