BMW Werkz banner

Interior Repair

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Lord Vader 
#1 ·
Hello all! So I'm coming to you guys needing some help.

So I came home recently to see that my mom had destroyed the rear arm rests of her 2005 325i. She had a cage type barrier up to keep the dog in the back seat and it tore up the leather on the arm rest (pics below).

So what I'm trying to figure out is what the easiest way is to replace this. I am pretty good with a car, do all my own car work and fabrication for interior modifications. However, I'm having trouble figuring out where I can order a random part like an arm rest, and how to take the interior panel off. Any advice that could be offered would be much appreciated!

Vehicle door Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

Iron Metal Handrail Pipe Steel

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That's awful. It's not going to be cheap repairing that door panel

Did you mention to your mom that it's a BMW, not an animal kennel or a dog transport?

The cost of replacing that door grab handle AND the door panel (and yes I said replacing, because I don't think reupholstering it is going to do the job) isn't going to be cheap.

To remove the interior door panel, I recommend getting a service manual for that car. Bentleypublishing.com sells an excellent one for most BMW's. They aren't cheap, but if you really want the best manual, it's one of the few worth every penny. More than likely, it's the E46 manual you are looking for.

You can go to Realoem.com if you have the production date (located on the driver's side door jamb) or the last 7 digits of the VIN number you can locate the cost of replacing the door panel and the grab handle.

Good luck.

#3 ·
That was a pretty bad idea on your mom's par, no offense. From what i can tell, it doesnt look like it is replaceable. It appears to be part of the whole door panel itself. Hard to say with the diagram, but the only real way to tell is to remove the door panel.

I will tell you this, replacing a door panel is definitley NOT cheap. Your looking at several hundred dollars. Also, re-upholstering the handle if it is removal wont be cheap either as trying to match the color will be difficult. Attached are part diagrams for your reference.

Door trim, rear BMW 3' E46, 325i (M54) ? BMW parts catalog

RealOEM.com BMW E46 325i Door trim panel, front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.