BMW Werkz banner

Exhaust trade

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  biga4327 
#1 ·
This is our third BMW and the sales people did not tell us it had an after market exhaust on it, among other things. It is noticeable at idle and on acceleration then quiet while normal cruising. No drone inside with the top up or down. I don't know what type it is nor how to find out. I do know I would like to swap out for a stock exhaust....even trade. Each paying he shipping. It is an '07 335i convertible, 53k miles. Any help with his would be nice, thanks in advance!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Take a look at the exhaust tips. Ususally brand name ones have their logo or name stamped in them. I would take a look at it to try to find out what manufacturer it is as an aftermarket exhaust for a 335i can easily be $1000-2000 brand new. You would be better ff buying a used stock exhaust from Craigslist and Zelig the aftermarket one. Depending on the brand at least.

#3 ·
Yeah thanks. The odd thing is they are not loud while driving....only it idle. I watched some YouTube promotional adds last night and the cars in the add sounded lie mine. There is not a logo or name on the tips. I looked under the car and it looks stockish. Other exhaust I have done in the past you get rid of the "pan cake" looking stuff for a smaller setup. The brackets/clamps look stock. Might have a baffle broken in them. Still has the remainder warranty. When they are cold they rattle on initial startup.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.