BMW Werkz banner

Vibration noise at the middle of dashboard near windshield

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Durene 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello -
I have some "vibration issue" with my car.

Background : I have a 2009 328xi stick shift. Was a wonderful drive until 10th May 2011 when I had an accident. Front airbag got deployed and front left of the car got damaged. After 2 months of repair I got it back.

Issue:
After couple of weeks I started getting a vibration noise in the middle of dashboard area. I hear that noise generally when I am at a slow speed... like making turns on 1st or second gear but not always. I have gone two times to the dealer and the service center for bmw but I myself was not able to recreate the problem with their Quality Control professional with me.
I was not able to attach it so posted it on youtube (Vibration noise on dashboard - YouTube)
This issue does not necessarily happen on a bumpy road. Its more on slow speed regardless of how road conditions are... and does not happen all the time.
Any idea what could have gone wrong that will help me recreate the problem in front of the service people...??

Another issue which I just discovered was that when I am driving on a speed breakers their is a loud noise from the front tires as if the shockers are bad or something is seriously wrong. Not sure if this is related to the vibration issue above - but this is something I will visit the dealer and get an answer because it is recreatable.

Thanks for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello -
I have some "vibration issue" with my car.

Background : I have a 2009 328xi stick shift. Was a wonderful drive until 10th May 2011 when I had an accident. Front airbag got deployed and front left of the car got damaged. After 2 months of repair I got it back.

Issue:
After couple of weeks I started getting a vibration noise in the middle of dashboard area. I hear that noise generally when I am at a slow speed... like making turns on 1st or second gear but not always. I have gone two times to the dealer and the service center for bmw but I myself was not able to recreate the problem with their Quality Control professional with me.
I was not able to attach it so posted it on youtube (Vibration noise on dashboard - YouTube)
This issue does not necessarily happen on a bumpy road. Its more on slow speed regardless of how road conditions are... and does not happen all the time.
Any idea what could have gone wrong that will help me recreate the problem in front of the service people...??

Another issue which I just discovered was that when I am driving on a speed breakers their is a loud noise from the front tires as if the shockers are bad or something is seriously wrong. Not sure if this is related to the vibration issue above - but this is something I will visit the dealer and get an answer because it is recreatable.

Thanks for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.