BMW Werkz banner

HELP!!!!! brake lights wont work!

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  paco1076 
#1 ·
okay so i got my 318is in my garage and I've been working on it for a while and i noticed that the brake lights aren't working? so i pulled the brake light switch knowing that its a common problem tested it with my multi meter and the switch still works? then i checked the fuse and its completely fine. so now im trying to figure out what it is that could be wrong. i checked the wiring diagram in my Haynes manual and it doesn't tell you shit. so now im asking anyone if they have had this problem before and if i could get a better wiring diagram from someone. thanks.

#4 ·
could have something to do with the head being off, BMWs are weird like that. I had a similier problem with my M except mine would stay on, I simply bent the sensor bracket back in place and carried on my way.

#6 ·
I had a problem with the brake lights in my 97 M. Strangest thing, it ended up being a bad fuse even though the fuse wasn't blown (don't know how that happened). As soon as I put a new fuse in the fuse block, the brake lights worked fine and I haven't had a problem since.

Good luck. Would love to hear what the fix was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.