BMW Werkz banner

Is NGK Iridium good for E36 M52

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TURBO IT 
#1 ·
Hi friends...

Need advise for my E36 M52 320i. I'm going to change my old oem spark plugs (NGK BKR6EK) with the new one. I heard there is NGK iridium with code BKR6EKIX. Is this iridium suitable with my car? There are positive & negative opinion about this iridium plugs. My E36 is standard engine, better I use the oem or iridium? Thanks friends....

#5 ·
I am not a professional. This is just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Unless you have done some serious performance enhancing to your ignition system, witch would lead me believe that if you did then you have enhanced your fuel system so you need the extra added performance. And if you enhanced your fuel system then you must of enhanced your air induction system and need more air. And Now that you have more air coming you also enhanced your exhaust flow by..........you see where I'm going with this?

If you have not done anything to your car to warrant you having iridium plugs. Then save your money. Buy the "RECOMMENDED MANUFACTURE PLUGS" for your car. And I don't mean adding an K&N Air Filter. You have to do a lot more than that.

Yes iridium plugs do last longer. If that is what you are looking for then fine. But the longer you leave those spark plugs in. The harder they become to take out. So make sure around 30,000 to 50,000 you take out the plugs and reapply some more anti seize.

My advice is to stick with whatever BMW say's for your vehicle. Which is alway's more than enough to handle any type of aftermarket bolt on performance besides turbo charging or supercharging.

Remember that normally the only reason why you need to change your plug type is due to a compression change in your cylinders which will effect the resistance in your secondary ignition circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.