BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - Vacation fun!
Thread: Vacation fun!
View Single Post
#4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
PhatCat
teh Canuck....eh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Nice little run there, bighorns!

A couple of years ago, I actually had a bit of playtime on a nice twisty back road not too far from where I live. I had just started a bit playtime(it's a fairly narrow, 2 lane, un-devided but freshly paved road) in the 'ol e30, and rather quickly came up on nice looking 540. The guy noticed my little car getting bigger in his rear-view and he started to push things a little bit to keep me at bay...likely thinking that since I was in an old 1986 3 series, he wouldn't have any issues keeping out in front of me. Needless to say, he didn't seem to have too much fast twisty experience in his 5er(pretty sure he was the kind to buy the car as a status thing) and I was tucked up pretty close for a good number of corners. It was getting rather frustrating that he was taking all the fun out of my drive, so I backed off about 75 meters to give him space. He kept up his 'pace' and eventually, at the exit of a fun little tight, downhill corner, he actually couldn't hold it and ran himself in to the ditch! Luckily for him, it was a nice, easy roll-out and he didn't hit anything. He was just rolling back up close to the road when I dropped a gear, took the corner, stomped on it, and zipped rather expeditiously away from him. He gave me a not so happy look as I accelerated out of the corner and he started growing smaller in my rear-view. I assume that he thought that because he had WAY more HP than me(not to mention way more weight) he wouldn't have any issues holding my old, underpowered, non-airbagged, non-v-8'td Bimmer off...
Needless to say, I had a stupid, shit-eating grin on my face all the way home after that little rip. After-all, he should have just pulled aside and let me pass him, serves him right(and maybe now, he appreciates his car as so much more than what he likely bought it for)!

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome