BMW Werkz banner

316I Help for a newbie

841 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ynot4me1 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am the proud owner of an euro spec 316I with some serious transmission problems. Looking for help if any one has any ideas. I have changed the fluid and filter fuild more than once, when i am driving it goes fine until it warms up then the transmissson will not shift correctly into higher gears unless you release the gas and then press it again. My buddies tell me it is a sensor in the transmission. The delear says there is only one sensor on the top of the transmission under the shifter. Lost for words can anybody help?

Ynot4me1

#4 ·
So I presume you have checked the ATF level...there doesn't appear to be any sensors in your models box
RealOEM.com BMW E36 316i A4S 270R/310R solenoid valve/cable set

Only solenoids, which one of them maybe playing up, which only diagnostics run on the EGS would tell you, it may also be the VCB (valve control body) needs a service as the marbles get stuck in the channels.

Here's a VCB service

My visit at ZF Dortmund for Gearbox maintenance.(very, very long!) HUGH RESULT!!

Diagnostics would be a good idea to be honest as it could be a number of things and nothing to do with the actual box..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.