BMW Werkz banner

mad

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
well here it goes,had brake problem,cooked my brakes coming home.ordered new rotors,pads, brake lines sensors.all installed went to bleed no flow to rear brakes.8 days of trying all i could.now no pressure to brakes,blew all the lines out with air,no clogs.now i'm pissed.brake booster or what?i'm at my wits end.o my car is a 2000 740i,need response,tired of driving daughters car.

#4 · (Edited)
Another question? When you finished installing new pads, new rotors, & wear sensors....
Why did you decide to bleed the brakes? Was it because the brake peadal was low & if so, this why maybe you had no pressure to rear brakes.......if your brake peadal did not come up after bleeding......that means the brake master cylinder is bad.......there is a piston inside the master cylinder with O-rings (seals) that push the brake fluid out to the front & rear brake calipers......when the seals go bad.......the fluid leaks past them & right back into the master cylinder resivoir & not to the brake calipers....can you explain exactly what you have done?

jb

#5 ·
Not to hijack this poor guy's thread, but do you bleed the lines before you put in new pads and rotors? Is this a tough job, replacing rotors and pads on an e34, or can a mechanically inclined guy doo it in his garage within 1-2 hours. Pricewise, the parts are going to cost me 150 and my labor vs 495 at the bmw indy for my rear brakes. Advice?

#7 ·
Its a diy job if your a mechanically minded, I can do mine in less than an hour easily....there is no need to bleed the brakes for a rotor/disc or pad change.

#10 ·
while driving home saw smoke from rear pulled over and saw thatmy rear brake rotors were rather red hot and throwing out a little fire.able to squash flames and let cool.then embaressing towed home.have been trying to bleed but no good,blew outline many times by diconecting hard lines and using air compressor.get flow from one line to passenger side on the abs module,not sure what it is ,but all the lines go to it.so now i'm stuck on what to do.using bav auto bleeder but doesn't seem to push threw.need help, want my car back,tired of daughters ford escape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.