BMW Werkz banner

Frankfurt 2009: BMW xDrive 750i Gets Quiet Introduction

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·

It might not have been one of BMW’s main attractions at the Frankfurt Auto Show, but the world premiere of the all-wheel drive 7 Series is a welcome addition to the BMW lineup.

For the first time ever, the 7 Series will be offered with AWD, with xDrive being added to both the 750i and 750Li models. When combined with the recently announced V12-powered 760Li, the 7 Series range grows to five variants for model year 2010.

BMW’s acclaimed xDrive all-wheel drive system has been enhanced for these new models to ensure that the 750i xDrive and 750Li xDrive set a new benchmark for handling characteristics among all-wheel drive sedans. BMW’s Integrated Chassis Management, using the remarkable speed of its FlexRay on-board network and the quick-responding xDrive hardware, is able to identify and limit understeer by shifting torque rearward (up to 80% to the rear axle) while preserving the stability for which xDrive has been so widely recognized.

As a second step, the Integrated Chassis Management system can then apply a precise combination of throttle and individual rear-corner braking in order to maintain perfectly neutral handling in a corner - regardless of road surface conditions.

These key enhancements to xDrive ensure that the 750i xDrive and 750Li xDrive will be two of the most nimble all-wheel drive sedans available in any vehicle segment.

More: Frankfurt 2009: BMW xDrive 750i Gets Quiet Introduction on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.