BMW Werkz banner

06 325i Passenger Occupancy Mat

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dirty_Tool 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2006 325i, my first bimmer and I'm loving it. performs like a dream, especially on the open road. Since I got the car, the passenger side airbag and seat belt light keep coming on. I had it scanned and it turns out that it's either the wires linking the passenger occupancy mat are corroded or damaged or the mat needs to be replaced. I found this recall on the web BMW 3-Series Recall Information - BMW Recalls & Problems but the guy that scanned my car said that it doesn't apply to me. does anyone have any experience with this? has anyone done this recall?

thanks.

#3 ·
Recall

That's the problem, I contacted the dealership and had them run the VIN number and they said that, that recall doesn't apply to my car, only because my car was produced in a different month than the ones that were recalled. Which I think is a bunch of BS...if you're recalling cars, same year, make and model for the passenger side occupany mat failure; and my car has that exact problem, then it should be covered too.

I've worked in a mass production wharehouse before, and parts that we used to produce one product, sometimes gets used months later on another batch in production. Therefore, if it was a certain part that is the culprit that was installed on cars produced, lets say between Jan and May and you recall those...but then there's cars produced between Jun-Oct and they have the same problem...why aren't they covered under that recall? that pisses me off! and as nice as this car drives; things like this really deters me from buying another one in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.