BMW Werkz banner

M3 insurance rates...

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  bimmerM5e39 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im new to the boards, im considering getting the E46 M3 in december when i turn 16, just one question, on average how much do you think i would pay for the insurance if the car was registered under my father and ive taken driving lessons to lower the cost. not convertible and not a bright colort too.

#2 ·
Welcome MReiter!! As far as your insurance it all depends on who your father is set up w/..I'll take a stab considering your age and the ride..around 2 grand a year, on your father's insurance..

#3 ·
hmm insurance will be quite high

#4 ·
Originally posted by MReiter@Sep 15 2003, 06:15 PM
Hey guys, im new to the boards, im considering getting the E46 M3 in december when i turn 16, just one question, on average how much do you think i would pay for the insurance if the car was registered under my father and ive taken driving lessons to lower the cost. not convertible and not a bright colort too.
ill just put in simple terms.my insurance will be like 262 a month for a 92 325i at my age. so you looking in the high 300's to mid 400's easy

#9 ·
Originally posted by bimmer328isss@Sep 15 2003, 11:34 PM
well let me make this even simpler for everyone, if mreiter gets an e46 m3 when he turns 16 he shouldnt have to worry about paying insurance on it. anyone that can afford that kind of a car for a 16 year old will definately have enough money to pay the insurance.
:werd:

#10 ·
Well, i just ordered 04 M3 today and will get it in 8-9 weeks, and i contacted my insurance and got the quote of $130 per month for full coverage with $250 deductible from Allstate but I own 3 cars (including this incoming M3) and all insured by Allstate and I am 26 with clean record.
When I got my first car when i was 16 in 1993 (1993 MR2 turbo, and i still have it) my insurance as my dad's primary driver was $3400 a year.
I agreed if u r buying a E46 M3 as a 16 y/o, you should be rich enough to not worry about insurance, so dont lie on this prestigious BMW forum as this is for mature BMW enthusiaists. thx

Attachments

#11 ·
yeah you guys wanna know something funny about my insurance, when i was 16 last year i drove my 325i and my astro van, and both were on my parents policy. Believe it or not my 325i was cheaper for insurance than the astro van. I think its funny but maybe there is a reason for it being cheaper?

#12 ·
Originally posted by 2004_M3@Sep 26 2003, 09:42 PM
Well, i just ordered 04 M3 today and will get it in 8-9 weeks, and i contacted my insurance and got the quote of $130 per month for full coverage with $250 deductible from Allstate but I own 3 cars (including this incoming M3) and all insured by Allstate and I am 26 with clean record.
That's a very good rate! I am 36 and drive a 1999 E36 M3 now. My insurance premium is about $125 a month, NOT including collision coverage, from Farmers. I wonder how much more it's going to be once I receive my E46 M3 in January...

#15 ·
1) You're extremely lucky to be getting a new M3 for your 16th.
2) Auto Insurance will be a bitch. To get more accurate quotes, go to progressive.com for instant online quotes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.