BMW Werkz banner

Hello all - opinions requested

689 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cmbenedict 
#1 ·
My name is Chris and I have a 2001 530i in Titanium Silver. This is my first BMW and I'm sorry I waited so long. It's a great ride and has great style. Interested in putting larger wheels (still has oem 16" wheels) and tires but am a bit overwhelmed by all the choices out there :conf - I don't want them to be too big though.

First, what size wheel and tire combos can I use? I know, search is your friend. :eek: I did a few searches but did not come up with the quantity of options I had hoped for. Can anyone please point me to any threads that have pics of diff wheels on an E39?

Also would appreciate any recommendations on other basic things I can do to make it look more sporty/aggressive without getting into body work etc.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
dannyb,
Thanks for the response. Would be good to know the details on what are the max sizes/ or wheel tire combos I can get on the car as a starting point. That said, I am not looking to have huge rims or extremely low profile tires. Was considering 17" or 18" rims just to give the car a more sporty look - its a bit conservative with stock wheels. Ride comfort is relatively important as I commute 100+ miles daily.

I really like the spoke style best but am open to weaves as I've seen some good examples of both. Will do another search of the bb but was unsuccessful so far finding a thread with a load of pics to compare styles as they look on the car. I find it difficult to get a true idea of what wheels will look like on tirerack.com and other sites.

Any guidance appreciated - links to other threads, web addresses or pics that folks are willing to post would be great. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.