BMW Werkz banner

Foglight Problems

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Medlar 
#1 ·
my foglights are acting weird....the right side works but the left side doesn't....when i push the button inside the car car for foglights the right ones on but i tried so many things to fix the left one but i dont know why it doesn't turn on..?? can you guys help me out...why do you think its doing that, i remember when i first put in the foglights they both worked but the left side just stop working..PLEASE HELP ME!!! :eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes

#2 ·
Hi, I have this same problem since I purchased my car back in Jan. 07'.

I found that the wiring socket contacts are easily corroding, I clean them & squeeze them tighter with needle nose pliers. This last for a few months & then the left fog light is out again. There are 2 contact points to concentrate on....1st where the connector plugs into the bulb, 2 square connectors, clean them up & try to squeeze the the connector a little tighter.
2nd connection point is where the wiring plugs into a round cannon plug, do the same for those connection points too! I am so frustrated doing this like for the 5th time in 2 years, I'm about to just cut it off the car & get a new fog light socket end, from the BMW stealership.....:mad

johnny,

#4 ·
Hi, easy solution, clean up the terminals, refit, make sure they work!, then get some silicone sealant in a cartridge/gun and basically squirt it all around the terminals, holds them in place stops corrosion and water proof. I have done it and have had no probs for about 3 years now.

#6 ·
thanks guys...but there are other problems to add to my car..but thanks for helping me with this...i posted another thread about my situation...please check it out...

#7 ·
I use to have Foglight issues all the time. Replaced them at least 3 times in the past two years. Finally decided to use electrical tape and water sealant to keep water and the elements out of the housing. Seems to work for now but I definetly feel your pain! Good luck.

#8 ·
i light the yellow foglights...they look really clean...im thinking about getting a pair...the foglight's i have on my car right now are a little smoke tinted

#9 ·
i had this problem last week in my e36.the left fog has a wire running from the fog earthed to the chassis just over the weel arch with a bolt.my ring connector had snapped at the top and was lieing idle.clean it down, open the bolt attached to the chassis and resecure the ring connnector under the bolt.tighten and check your fog.should work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.