BMW Werkz banner

Bought 1998 328is... some questions

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  youvebeensmoked 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've been browsing this forum for the last week or so, and I've found some great information... thanks for that. I just bought a silver 1998 328is, and I was wondering if anyone had some advice on:

1) Exhaust systems (cat-back)
I've read several internet comments on folks bolting on the M3 exhaust as a fairly inexpensive upgrade to sound and performance. Does anyone here on the boards have this as a modification to their non-M car? Do you like it?

2) Suspension
I have the non-sport package, and I'd like to lower the car a little, while still maintaining a good ride quality. My previous car was a 1993 Honda Prelude with Eibach Pro-kits, KYB AGX struts, Suspension Techniques swaybars, and front & rear strut tower braces. Although it worked well for autocross events, the ride was too harsh on my daily 60 mile commute. I'm looking for a suspension package that would lower the car somewhere around an inch to an inch and a half, give me less body roll and better handling, but wouldn't make my spine compress every time I drive through a construction zone. Anyone have any suggestions? Recently the H&R OE Sport springs caught my eye; TC Kline offers a 'Streetline' package with Koni adjustables.

I'm sorry to ask what I'm sure are oft-repeated questions; I can't get the search feature to work, and I gave up after getting to page 15 or so of flipping through the posts. :D

Any comments are appreciated; now I just need to work on getting a decent picture of the new car for my sig...

See less See more
#2 ·
I am trying out coilovers for the first time ever, they should be in next week, went with some Ground Control's got them for $340, I will let you know how they ride! As far as exhaust goes, if you want something really nice I would go with AC Schnitzer, Borla, Supersprint, just to name a few, I am sure I left some good ones out....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.