BMW Werkz banner

New Head unit, = MINIMAL SOUND

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
Dabull you've answered all my other audio questions in the passes so I'm gonna point this one at you. I just put a new Head unit in my M ... one that works with my ipod.. However when I play a Cd I have to turn the thing up to like 30 before I can listen to music at a reasonable sound level. Granted my factory amp is out of the car.. I figured that the amp that is in the head unit would do the trick.. What is the deal?

#2 ·
What kind of radio did you get? A/S/L?

I have seen some radios have a "Source Level" adjustment. It internally adjusts the volume of the different sources so they will match.

#3 ·
I beleive it is a pioneer DEH-P7000BT.. Where do you think I would be able to adjust it. at ?

#4 ·
Its the SLA (Source Level Adjustment). You need to go to each source (CD, IPOD, FM, etc.) and adjust the SLA to where they are equal to each other. Not to be confused with the ASL (Automatic Sound Level) which increases the volume slightly as you drive faster. Me likey the Pioneer stuff, I've had 3-4 in the bimmer until I quit the car audio store. I have the DEHP-8MP in there now and I probably wont be getting anything else anytime soon. It does everything I need it to.

#6 ·
I cant remember if its under the Function or Audio menu. But you are looking for "SLA" adjustment, and you have to adjust each source's volume (CD/iPod/FM/etc.).

#8 ·
but you can adjust it for everything individually ? such as I could have my sound for my radio way down and the sound for my cd way up and ipod way up ? also is this gonna make a huge dif. cause it almost seems lioke it would have to. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.