BMW Werkz banner

1985 325e fuel problem

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brestored 
#1 ·
just got the car 150 miles ago car runs great shut it off and just cranks have spark disconected battery and then it started will run fine for days and then there we go again switched relays around still the same pump in tank?

#2 ·
do a pressure stest on the fuel rail well actually instead of hooking up a gauge turn your key on but engine off there will be a valve on your fuel rail the valve will be very similiar to the valves on your tires just take like a flat head screw driver and poke it in there be cautious of the fuel if it sprays out then the pump is good if it trikles out its the filter if nothing at all then the pump

#3 ·
scratch that I forgot that the e's were throttle body injection don't know how to help you there

#5 ·
honestly I don't know most likely it will be in the tank I'll find out tomorrow I'll have to dig up my manuel go to your local auto parts store they should be able to tell you there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.