BMW Werkz banner

1992 325i Serpentine Belt Problems

32K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  94BMW325i 
#1 ·
The serpentine belt broke off and hit the fan. After removing everything (fan etc) I am not sure which tool I will need to check the tension pulley. Does anyone have any idea or a diagram? Thanks for all your help!:conf

#2 ·
What do you want to check the belt tensioner for??? To install a new belt you will need to remove the cap off the front of the tensioner, then you will need to use a 8mm hex wrench to remove the tension in a clockwise direction......so you can slip the belt over it..... Also what diagram do you need, the belt routing direction???
johnny,

#3 ·
I think he wants to see if the tensioner "broke" to see if that caused his belt to break? I have had a noisy tensioner on my 325, but it still seems to work fine, then again it hasnt been driven in like 8 months :rofl

#4 ·
Maybe you are right.......if so, he can check the tension with 8mm hex wrench or socket with something long attatched to it, so you have some leverage.......pressing down in a clockwise direction.

And you need to start driving that e36, still working on it, mods etc. ???
johnny,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.