BMW Werkz banner

Wheel heating to straighten

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  darkhorse737 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 M3 90k miles that I just bought with low profile tires.

Discount tires says one wheel has a slight bend in it and I can feel a little shimmy at highway speeds and actually see the wheel do it little shimmy thing.

Has anyone used the service they told me about where they heat the wheel in order to straighten it out. I want zero shimmy in my car although it is minor if I will have the car for ten years or so I may as well fix it now.

Chances are I will hear that it does not work or you need to buy a new wheel.

Tell me lies (lol)

#2 ·
If you really want zero problems with the wheel then does it matter if it works or not? Make sure they will not charge you if it does not fix the wheel. Then if it does not do what you were going to do any way and buy another wheel. If they will make you pay for it either way I would think carefully about it.

Luckily I've never had wheel problems so I am not sure it would work... sounds good in theory, but I'd be skeptical.

#3 ·
I used a hammer, file, steel, wool, and polish.... but then again i'm replacing them soon so it doesn't really matter... no shimmy here.... i sugest a new Rim becaust itis an m5 and i just have a $500 87 635.... do it right the first time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.