BMW Werkz banner

Mp3 in my Pioneer DEH-5800

6K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
Hey I hope someone can help.. I bought a cord that is supposed to make my IPOD be able to play through my CD player. it is a pioneer DEH- 5800. But I hooked it up and I can't seem to find out where to go to tell the cd player that is what I want.. Does anyone have any idea.. or if it is even possible.. The cord has 2 ends just like the end of your head phones that plug into your ipod. it runs from a jack in the back of the cd player to the ipod .. Someone help me out.

#2 ·
Two things. If its a DEH-5800 and not a DEH-P5800, it wont work. The P denotes a hook up in the back of the radio that allows the interface. This piece is what you need if it has a P in the model number. I think that plug you are talking about is for a wired marine remote they make, if I remember right.

#3 ·
Oh so here ya go it is a P and there is a plug in the back.. but I plugged it in read the manual to turn on the AUX. and then I couldn't hear any music coming thougth.. I turned my radio up as load as it would go along with the IPOD NANO.. and it came out about the level it would come out of your earphones.. any idea why it isn't making it louder ? any things I could do.. if not I'm gonna end up having to buy a new cd player. Cds are out dated and the Ipod is where its at.

#4 ·
That 1/8" stereo plug on the back of the radio is the wired remote input Pioneer USA - Accessories - CD-MR70 . You need that other plug to make your ipod work. Pioneer USA - Accessories - CD-I200 . Your AUX still needs turned on so leave it like it is. The one you have would have worked if that little 1/8" was actually an audio input, but its a marine remote control input.

#5 ·
addendum: The P denote "P-bus". This is pioneer's way of interfacing audio components into the radio through the AUX feature of the radio. It is the little blue square style connector on the back. This is the only way the AUX feature will work.

#6 ·
I had bought that ipod peice first and it didn't seem to seem to be the right peice. Are you fairly sure my model of CD player will work? wit hthat ipod peice

#7 ·
Is this your model? Pioneer USA - CD Receivers . Check out the accesories tab if it is. It lists the right piece for your ipod interface. I am 95% sure that is the right piece. I would talk with your local Pioneer dealer to make the other 5% sure.

#8 · (Edited)
Ok it seems I'll need a small box for like 50 bucks. My last question is .. will that box hook right to my ipod or will I have to go back and buy the peice that goes to my ipod for another 35 bucks ? Thanks for the help Dabull you are surely a genius.

#9 ·
which box are you talking about, there looks to be two. dunno about a genius, I like the Premier stuff and have done car audio longer than most of you guys have been around, lol...

#10 ·
CD-IB100II or CD-IB100 is I guess what they are called. Would it be possible to just use the cord that came with my ipod cause that would be superb. haha

#11 ·
I'm not sure what the other end of those pieces look like. I would assume they are some proprietary piece from Pioneer, to keep you buying from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.