BMW Werkz banner

1985 325e

36K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  DanielBMW 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a 1985 325e for my daughter's first car. The car is in near showroom condition with only got 122K on it. The only challenges with the car seems to be the brake light on the dash is on and the rear tires are shot. The guy is asking $5K for it. NADA says it is worth $3,600 avg retail, and $4,725 for perfect condition. Given the brake light issue and the tires need to be replaced, what would you offer for this car?

Also, any ideas on what the brake light on the dash might indicate and estimate of what it might cost? (I know I'm reaching here, but I need to make an offer in the morning if I want this car.)

Thanks!

#6 ·
i wouldn't know how NADA estimates prices, but the KELLEY BLUE BOOK suggests around $2,300 for a private party value. (Personally, i use that as my guide give or take a thousand depending on what you might see in a car as defect or a "plus" for the extra accessories)

Brakes: witeshark sez around $400. and i agree...

Tires: ideally, if you are buying a new car, you'd rather place your estimates based on 4 wheels instead of just two.

#7 ·
+1^ the brake light is probably just the pad indicater sensor, which means you need pads.

#11 · (Edited)
help

The brake light could be a couple of different things...i have the same car year make everything is the same..I ran into the problem where the little red light stays on by your gauges..It could be the brakes need changed or there could be a bad sensor....on these cars there are sensors on the front and back driver side brakes....I am having problems with mine right now too....I don't have a clue to how much it cost though....hope i helped you a little.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.