BMW Werkz banner

730ia ac problem

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  pakkenswe 
#1 ·
Hi, Im new to the forum and you guys seem to be great at this :)
I've been around asking many people about my problem and nobody can solve it, hope someone here knows :)

I have a 730ia -88 and the heater works, but I cant turn on more then 25% blow power, and it's only cold air in the rear?

#2 ·
First thing I would check is my cabin filters. Don't know where, or even if your car has them, but most, if not all BMW's with air conditioning have 'em.

These filters, if not cleaned, over time will build up so much dust and grime that no air will pass through. No need to replace the element (when you find them)....just wash, dry, and reinsert.

jake

#4 ·
This may not cure the problem but will certainly improve airflow and circulation in your car.

Some have reported that their filters were stiff with coagulated mold/pollen/dust, thus no air was passing through, or a moldy smell in the cabin itself.

Where are you located with an '88 730i?

jake

#5 ·
What do you mean bu you cant get more the 25% like if you turn the blower up it doesn't speed up any more? or only 25% of the air on max is getting to you?

#7 ·
does the motor sipn faster? if so remove the cabin filters and check then if dirty clean or replace then try again.... BTW where do you drive your car is it dusty at times? annd another Q is do you smoke in the car? because that can clogg them pretty quickly...

#8 ·
I usually just drive in the city..
The guy that i bought it from used to smoke in it, but i dont
You can hear that its trying to spin faster, but its a very quiet sound for only a sec, is something broken or do you think its just clogged.

I removed the panel between the seats and the plastictube wich provide the air to the rear was clogged with leaves, i have a theori that its full at front as well, I would check, if I know how to?

But the clogged thingy doesnt awnser why i cant get any heat in the rear of the car?

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.