BMW Werkz banner

Suspension recommendations...

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bimmerbuilder 
#1 ·
Well, my little girl is in need of new front shocks...and the back is soon to go too...

I'm not planning on replacing anything for a few months so right now I'm just shopping and asking around to see what I should get.

I'd like to not spend too much, but since I'm replacing then I may as well upgrade to some kind of sport suspension and possibly lower it a little to make her a little more aggressive looking.

What does everyone recommend for semi-inexpensive, some what sporty, replacement suspension?

thanks...

#2 ·
id say go with some eibach race springs (to which ever rating you want in terms of comfort) strapped around some koni struts...

remember that while you are doing this stuff down there it;s always a good idea to replace any bushings that my need to be address, so you may want to fit that into your budget too...

#4 ·
^^ really?? You mean just the shocks for $600, right?

yamma,
I was going to do the c3 motorsport kit ($1500) but I'm contemplating just going cheap with Bilstein sports ($400) and some Eibach Stage III springs ($300). Might as well do all those bushings as well.

#6 ·
Total would be $700 for the Bilstein/Eibach combo. (depending on source, of course) I've always been pretty happy with Bavauto's stuff, so if you're happy with what they are representing, then go ahead and take the plunge!

If you need help during installation, you can fly me out there and we'll have it done in about a day. :D How does that sound?

No but really, you are more than welcome to seek help here. I'll even give you my digits if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.