BMW Werkz banner

What's It Worth??!

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  RoadsterMadness 
#1 ·
Folks -

I AM getting a liquid filled boost/vacum gauge installed on my supercharged
Z3. I am attaching a picture of it here:

By roadstermadness

My shop wants to charge me $352 for both the part and the installation. The part costs about $56 bucks. Do you think the total price is reasonable? Inquiring minds want to know what the Werkzians think! :help

Thanks all.

See less See more
#3 ·
By the way, I want the name and location of your shop, since I obviously will need one up here.

I need a boost gauge too....

#4 ·
That's stupid. Find a better shop. Fuck, for $350 i'd break down, spend a bit more, and go for a Defi Main controller and Defi stealth boost gauge. Which I did order last February, but after 3 months of backorder I gave up on it.

#5 ·
Thought so...

Agreed as to the silly $$ they were asking for the small job. That is exactly what I wanted confirmation on here. They are an excellent shop and are well known in the industry, but my local friends agreed that $350 for the gauge & install was stupid high. My guess is that since they've held onto my old wheels and tires for 4+ months sine my Brembos went in and I needed to change wheels and tires (MUST sell those neear new tires and nice OEM rims BTW), they may have tried to make up some for the storage. :shifty

///M Power: that kind of talk is dangerous as I'm afraid this has been quite the "pig out" year for me as to mods, new 328xi for wifey, and now the bananas New Years' jaunt I have planned. Pics etc to follow in a later thread. I want what you just mentioned, along with a lightweight flywheel and triflow exhaust...somebody stop me! :D Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input guys! RM

#9 ·
#11 ·
///M Power said:
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA - my hometown. just go here, save the cash, and boost more!

AWESOME! LOL! W'HOO! In 2 years baby - when I have the big 4-0, me wants ///M School in SC and Pebble Beach at last!

You all keep at it, I'll wind up chucking the Supercharger and going turbo (my wife et al still have NO IDEA why I needed the mods to begin with! (nor even HALF of what they cost!). :shifty

#12 ·
1. The first pic made me think Ireland, but the trimmings of the hotel room kind of threw me off on that one...

2. Do M school sooner than that, you won't regret it. And do the 2 day one. BMW does not make a dime on that school, I swear, given how many tires, pads, and rotors they go through, much less paying for all of the many staff who are there over the weekend. Frankly I think I'll probably do it again, as well as the advanced M school at VIR after the new M3 comes out.

#14 ·
drz said:
I'm thinking of doing the 2-day performance driving school within the next year or so. Then I will wait until my savings and investments are solid before I decide whether I want to drop the money for M school.
To be honest, the normal school is just lame compared to the M school. Save your shekels and do the 2 day M school up front.

#15 ·
Nope...

M3UOND said:
1. The first pic made me think Ireland, but the trimmings of the hotel room kind of threw me off on that one...

2. Do M school sooner than that, you won't regret it. And do the 2 day one. BMW does not make a dime on that school, I swear, given how many tires, pads, and rotors they go through, much less paying for all of the many staff who are there over the weekend. Frankly I think I'll probably do it again, as well as the advanced M school at VIR after the new M3 comes out.
It is Lana'I, the uber-private small island in Hawaii at the 4 Seasons! The pics of Princeville Resort on Kauai did not come out well and so were omitted.

///Mmmmmm - ///M School! :D

#17 ·
zzzzzzzzz

dannyb said:
RM do you ever sleep? All these posts I see from you are like a 2-3 am
Yup that is I - the sleepless wonder. I also like to sneak my Werkz time in via Blackberry when I can - including late night. Very astute observation my bored friend...:clap

#19 ·
I have some pictures etc waiting to go up on the blank back wall of my office Danny-boy...and could you change the toner too...:)

#20 ·
They made me install a two network printers connected to the parallel port of the PC because it the network card broke. So I had to remodel the freezer aka cold lab room and make a shared printer of the backup server.

Would you like an 72" LCD tv with that on your back wall?

#21 ·
Well I suppose it'd have to be, as I already have the 60 at home and you can only go UP...;) :p

#23 ·
I knew there was a reason we all get along...

I have a 60" Sony LCD Rar projection HDTV with the Sony stand (HAWT). I have an HDMI gold tipped Monster cable cnnection for the HDTV and am gettjg a switching (only one HDMI connection on the monitor for now...) to allow upgradable "faux HD" DVD playback. For now, those who have seen the picture on this bad boy have been pretty unanimous that it is the best they've seen. And I run it on interlaced - 1080i, not progressive scan as despite the tech statements tothe contrary, the picture just always seems sharper on interlaced - dunno).

I still have my old (6 years +) surround sound system as while a bit bulkier than the new ones, it (a Kenwood) has it's rear speakers mounted, 100 watts per channel, a fiber optic audio connection for true DTS sound (and I vigorously collect the best DTS versions of movies whenever available - eg Gladiator DTS and Saving Private Ryan DTS (hunted all over the net for that one!)are UNREAL on the system!). The sub is a monster. Concert stuff is insane. Yep, easy to hang on MY freakin' couch...

Oh - and the Rangers WON to start the season lat night ya Canuck! LOVE my Rnagers and bassically nuts for hockey in general my whole life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.