BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com - View Single Post - Looking for VF Engineering failure stories
View Single Post
#12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 10:17 AM
RoadsterMadness
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Brought mine into my shop yesterday (GOD what an amazing place that is! POWER, Yes MAD with POWER! GALORE! and everything from a mint BMW 2002 from back in the day to the fastest Porche in the USA - 900WHP 9.1 for the 1/4 mile! Makes the RUF 911 modded Supercar in the last Road and Track seem SLOW and has an intercooler the size of a small air conditioner, etc etc LOL).

Anyway, the owner took my Roadster up and down the semi private street where the shop is to see whether the temporary jury rigged clamp on the primary air hose would hold - and it did. They are beefing it up today so I never have this issue again - AMEN.

I did forward your horror stories to the place I bought my VF unit from in FL and again, he's a stand up guy and they've had little to nothing in the way of problems despite all the units they sell. Whatever the deal, I will definitely belistening closely as the miles pile up on my S/C and keep my shop on top of it too. They are the #1 preferred shop for VF installations in the NYC metro area and in fact were referred to me BY VF Engineering. They had no horror stories either and in fact were formerly the mainnshop for Active Autowerke and had experienced too many problems with them and so switched to VF last year or so.

Bottom line, keep an eye on your unit, enjoy it and may you NEVER have problems! Enjoy the holiday weekend folks!

I'll be down in Atlanta the weekend of 9/14-9/165 for the PGA Tour Championship and Fed Ex Cup finals, staying at the Ritz in Buckhead and bringing the wifey ...

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome