BMW Werkz banner

1 series comes to america

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  katie1985 
#1 ·
just read it in r&t i think it was. BMW plans to import 2 models, a 128 and a 135, i beleive, next year. the 128 gets the standard 3.0 I6, while the 135i gets the twin turbo. Projected retail under 32k.

just thought you would like to know

#2 ·
And, fortunately, a trunk rather than a hatch.

#3 ·
y'all are a little late on this one :)

and yeah... why don't we get a hatch??? does Europe even have 1 series like the ones we're getting?? Hartge 1 series is beautiful

#4 ·
I've never seen a 1 series like we're getting in Europe. I've only seen hatchbacks there.

#6 ·
Yes, Europe has the had the hatch for a few years now, and we will also be getting the coupe (or "trunk").

However, we don't have a 128i

We have the following hatch variants: -

116i
118i
120i
130i
118d
120d

The coupe will launch in the UK with the following variants: -

123d (2.0 litre twin turbo diesel - world's first production diesel engine to output more than 100hp per litre)

135i (same twin turbo 3-litre I6 as can be found in the 335i)

#9 ·
I have also seen multiple 112d in London.

#10 ·
112d ?? I'm guessing you either mean 118d or 120d.

The congestion charge rules in London are changing - Currently, hybrids don't have to pay congestion charge, but as of next year, its all going to be based on CO2. Cars emitting less than 120g/km of CO2 will be free in the congestion charge; whether they are hybrid or not. Cars emitting more than this will not be free - even if they are hybrid. This means the new 118d will be free! Thanks to BMW's Efficient Dynamics programme.

RWD car from a top marque free in the congestion charge zone - ftmfw :D

Rumour has it the 3-series range will get the same treatment, so the 318d will also be free in the congestion charge

#11 ·
isherdholi said:
112d ?? I'm guessing you either mean 118d or 120d.
No I don't. If you want to see one, there's quite often a black one parked between Paddington Station and Gloucester Terrace, on the same road that the Fettler and Firkin used to be on...one street north from Praed St.

I passed by that car walking to the station half the days of July, shaking my head every time. My buddy Matt's flat, where I stay when I'm in London, is right around the corner on Gloucester Tce.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.