BMW Werkz banner

Zinnoberot M535i project update

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  b-tuning 
#1 ·
I started working on this new E28 recently:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hasardi
Check it out, and please rate the site there, and vote for the question! Thanks.

Any suggestions for more power in a naturally aspirated way? Like I said on that above page, I have a turbo waiting, but b4 that it would cool to tune the engine wo a booster! :driving

#2 ·
As you are probably already aware,theres many ways you can throw dollars at mods on cars.
Try extractors,hot cam,and ported head with raised compression,and chip to suit,reclibrate injector pump and fit bigger bore injectors. Put turbo in the trash !!
always fun doing these projects,but watch the dollars.
Good luck.

SILVERLEA.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Torque@Jul 13 2004, 05:10 PM
That is one NICE looking e28 man.

Silverlea, if you read his list of mods you would know that he has pretty much everything you said !!!

I would just go for the turbo and make that car a real beast.

Good luck, and keep us updated.
Thanks. Yes the list of mods is getting long...there are some things to be done, in order to get the most out of the engine without charging it yet. But in the future...the car will be "equipped" to meet some serious challengers! :wave

#5 ·
Ahy Torque............thanks for the advice.............you forgot however if he has a high compression head he is in serious trouble with the turbo.If he fits the turbo he will need a compression ratio of less than 9 to 1............HOWEVER some of us are braver than others..........I'd love to twinturbo charge my 540 !!

chers.

SILVERLEA.

#6 ·
Originally posted by silverlea@Jul 14 2004, 10:12 AM
Ahy Torque............thanks for the advice.............you forgot however if he has a high compression head he is in serious trouble with the turbo.If he fits the turbo he will need a compression ratio of less than 9 to 1............HOWEVER some of us are braver than others..........I'd love to twinturbo charge my 540 !!

chers.

SILVERLEA.
Yes, I am aware of the high compression being a problem if upgrading to a turbo. The compression can be lowered by "fixing" the pistons, or by changing them totally. This must be done, in order to have some longevity to the engine.

I know an M5 with a twinturbo, and that is one insane powerplant! :devil

#7 ·
Hasardi.......you may also be able to get your compression ratio down to the rite level by fitting a composite head gasket instead of the thinner tin ones.I managed to do this with an old 3.9litre V8 Rover in a rally car ! With alot of these projects I have learnt by experience.....some good,some bad ! but as long as you learn ahy !!
All the best with your project.Keep us updated.

Chers.

SILVERLEA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.