BMW Werkz banner

Wrong Fluid Added

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  billB 
#1 ·
What will happen if I stupidly added engine oil (a small amount) to the atf intake? What corrective action should I take. I have not driven the car since.

#3 ·
Originally posted by billB@May 9 2005, 07:58 PM
John  :welcome  :welcome to this forum
What do you mean by  ATF intake? Do you mean the power steering reservior? the cap on the reservior reads ATF fluid only on some models....Is it?

regards
billb
[snapback]342690[/snapback]​
Thanks, yes it is the power steering fluid reservior. Any ideas on what I should do?

#4 ·
Not to worry since you haven't driven the car.......now you have to get the oil out but how? Choices if you don't want to pay for a pro:

A. drain it through one of the 2 hoses on the buttom or better yet
B. The way I do it; I use a turkey baster (spelling?) from the kitchen to suck up the fluid out of the canister till empty....refill with ATF; suck it up for a couple of times it should clean it...I know it sounds crazy but it works for me!!! good luck

Oh for the baster here it is:

[attachmentid=21762]

Attachments

#5 ·
Originally posted by billB@May 9 2005, 08:11 PM
Not to worry since you haven't driven the car.......now you have to get the oil out but how? Choices if you don't want to pay for a pro:

A. drain it through one of the 2 hoses on the buttom or better yet
B. The way I do it; I use a turkey baster (spelling?) from the kitchen to suck up the fluid out of the canister till empty....refill with ATF; suck it up for a couple of times it should clean it...I know it sounds crazy but it works for me!!! good luck

Oh for the baster here it is:

[attachmentid=21762]
[snapback]342702[/snapback]​

Is it ok to drive the car after I suck it out with the baster (sp)? JUst a few miles to the auto supply shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.