BMW Werkz banner

Windshield wipers quit

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Shadowf1 
#1 ·
I am brand new here and I hope somebody can help me and quickly.
I just purchased a 2000 528I wagon. I had a shop pull the trans to correct a problem with the TCC sensor. They also told me they had to update the software on the ECM.
I got it back and now the windshield wipers wont work. I checked and replaced the relay with no luck. If I turn on the wipers they start normally and cycle about 10 or 12 times and then park in either the full up position or directly in my field of vision. It also does not respond to the switch while this is happening. Then I have to either wait about 10 minutes for them to respond to the switch or restart the car.
Does the wiper motor talk to the ECM? I would think it would be looking for road speed while in the intermittent mode. If so why would it loose communications with the ECM and how can I fix this.
If you could see the weather we have been having here in Northern NJ you would see that I desperately need wipers.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.