BMW Werkz banner

windshield wipers

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Toxic 
#1 ·
Need help. Wipers stopped working. Started troubleshooting...pulled fuse (F1) in glove box checked good. Put it back in and wipers worked for a week and quit again. Checked fuse again ...no change. Went to check relays K36/K37 under hood on passenger side. My service manual does not show these two relays. I believe they are the purple ones. (P/N 61-36-1-388-911). Can someone tell me which one is above K94 and K11? When I switch places with these two relays I can get the wiper to work. Switch back they stop working. (Bad Relay). Two days later I bought a new relay and tried to figure which one is bad and now I can't get the wipers to fail. Anyone run into this problem or have any inputs.

Thanks,
97_540i

#2 ·
Does yours have a rain sensor?
My intermittent speed is not working coz' of the rain sensor. Either the rain sensor $180 parts alone) needs to be replaced or the relay. I haven't had it checked out at the shop coz' I don't use my wipers much, rely on RainX most of the time.

#3 ·
here's some diagrams that should help from the Bentley manual

I would say, if you can't get it to fail now it might just have been a bad connection between the relay pins and their sockets. I've seen it before.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.