BMW Werkz banner

Windshield washer pump replacement

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  revronrowl 
#1 ·
I think I need to replace the washer pump on my 98 E39 528i. No noise or water when I activate the thing. Wipers wipe but nothing to wipe off. Yes it does have water in the container and yes I checked out the hoses to make sure their connected but since I don't hear the pump, I suspect it's the problem. I've read some other threads that talk about replacing the pump but does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I'm not even sure where the thing is located since the hoses lead into the wheel well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rev

#2 ·
The pump is under the plastic fender liner on the right front side (passenger side if US car) It is best to remove the RF wheel then remove any 8mm head bolts and any clips holding the plastic on on the rear side of the wheel. you will find the tank behind there. The washer pump sits in the obttom of the tank and is pretty easily replaced. You should also replace the grommet/filter that it sits in. You can check RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog for a parts reference and diagram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.