Where is fuse 76? Is this the problem anyway? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 05:39 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Brassraptor is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Where is fuse 76? Is this the problem anyway?

Greetings from the UK. I have a 2000 523i.

I had a minor collision yesterday, a tractor drove into the back of me. Minor damage, bumper bar and rear panel.

Since that time, the heater blower has refused to operate. the lights on the dash show that it thinks the blower is working, and when I press the demist, "mega-blow" switch, the lights go right up to the top, showing that the blower is working at full speed. Sadly it isn't. There is a strangled humming noise from behind the dash, but nothing else.

I don't think it is the fuse, but I want to check it anyway. I've looked to check the fuse, and it says it is fuse 76 controls the heater blower. The fuse block in the glove box doesn't go up as far as 76. The fuse block in the luggage compartment does not show a fuse 76 either. On the detail card in the glovebox it shows fuse 75 and 76 in a separate little block of two fuses. Can somebody tell me where they are please?

Secondly, can anyone give me a hint as to what else might be wrong?

Since the collision, I also had one other electrical (?) problem - for the drive home after the collision the ABS warning light was on. The following day it was out, and has not come back on.

Is it likely that these two things are linked, and is it likely that the two are linked with the rear-end collision? Its seems a coincidence that they happened at the same time.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dimbim is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem, looking for those fuses. They are there, under the glovebox, forget just where, but right there, behind a panel, under/ over the glovebox......really they are! They are very big, and on their own , almost freestanding, sort of.

I sometimes get warning lights on, perhaps if I bump start the engine or something
I just restart normally, and everything is fine, so don't worry too much if it doesn't persist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)