BMW Werkz banner

What Size Wheels And Tires Should I Get For My E34

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Andryuha 
#1 ·
My '93 e34 came with very shitty 15" wheels, and worn out tires. I was looking at ebay, and there are so many choices that I'm just lost. I was looking to get BMW rims, off of M5 or something. I also found wheels from 2002 740i, which are 19's and the tire width on those is like 245/60. Are these too big for an e34? I don't want to hurt the performance or ride quality. So which sizes would you recommend

P.S. In the previous posts, I stated that i got an 535i. Sorry, about that- I got a 525i.

#3 ·
Originally posted by Andryuha@Dec 12 2004, 02:49 AM
My '93 e34 came with very shitty 15" wheels, and worn out tires. I was looking at ebay, and there are so many choices that I'm just lost. I was looking to get BMW rims, off of M5 or something. I also found wheels from 2002 740i, which are 19's and the tire width on those is like 245/60. Are these too big for an e34? I don't want to hurt the performance or ride quality. So which sizes would you recommend

P.S. In the previous posts, I stated that i got an 535i. Sorry, about that- I got a 525i.
[snapback]248235[/snapback]​
It does not show where you coming from, so depending on your home state winter is coming. I do 15" now and 17" (the biggest I'll ever go) in the summer; If you're in the west coast please disregard this one.
regards
billb

#4 ·
Yeah, I'm from Northeast Ohio, so the winter is definately comming. I'm going to leave the stock wheels for the winter, and get some nicer wheels for the summer. I'm looking to get some BMW rims, just because I want to keep it authentic. Thanks for help guys, I'll pick out some 17s for myself then.

#7 ·
Good Day,

I don't know how much you're looking to spend but if you can find yourself some RIMS by Racing Dynamics for your car it would look PIMP! I have some 17s on my 94 530i and they ran about $1200.00 a rim new, you could maybe get them for $400 a rim used, but they make good stuff. I'll post you a pic later of my RIMS, I'm currently at work.

Cheers
Scott

#11 ·
damn, rims for sport compacts are so much chaper. You could easily get a brand new wheel/tire set fo around $700. That amount is completely manageable, but $400 a rim? A bit too much, also considering the fact that i'll need to find tires for them too.

#14 ·
Hess you gotta get off the throwing star rims. They are too expensive. They are also 2 piece. He's a poor college student.

I recomend you got for the M-Paralllel which are the 19 inch rims you were refferng to, but get them in replica 17 inch sizes. Notice them on the attached pics of the M5's below. e34 M5 with your M-Parallel.s They look damn sexy.

As for how big you should go, 17's I think would be pefect. People ahve alreayd mentioned this and you really should folow their advice. 18's is goign to be really bumpy and less enjoyable. Plu in Ohio I don't think 18's would suit you well.

Attachments

#16 ·
yea, in ohio, you have to think twice before lputting new rims on or lowering your car. It's pretty sad, considering the fact that there are road constructions going on, in the same places a whole year 'round. I

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.