wanting a cheap supercharger kit for my 89 535is - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60) Chat relating to the BMW 5-Series of all generations. Specific models include: BMW 518, BMW 520, BMW 520i, BMW 530i, BMW 528i, BMW 530i, BMW 518i, BMW 524d, BMW 525i, BMW 525e, BMW 528e, BMW 540i, BMW 535i, BMW 520d, BMW 525td, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, BMW 525i/xi, BMW 530i/xi. (BMW 5-Series Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 02:49 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bimmerbrandon is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
wanting a cheap supercharger kit for my 89 535is

I'm only 16 so i dont have a lot of money and i want to super charge my bimmer. Anyone know of any cheap kits that are actually decent?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Not really, even the early more expensive ones were troublesome, so it might be worth saving the little money you have and buying a better quality unit when you can afford it.

Riding in style
#3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 AM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
Their is no such thing as a "cheap" supercharger. The cost of any decent kit will be worth more then the entire car.

Please take this advice. Very few people can supercharge their car because of the immense costs involved. Even if i had the money for a kit, i would not supercharge an 89. The car, IMO, is too old for it to be worthwhile.

You state you have little money, which is understandable given the economy. Let me ask you this: How long do you plan on keeping the car? Why do you want to supercharge the car? Save your money. Your going to need it for when things break. BMWs are built very well and last a very long time providing the maintenace is done properly.

Theirs a very good group of guys here that are willing to help young and new people learn as much as they want to. Its quite satisfying fixing things yourselve and saving the money.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM
n00b

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I plan on keeping the car for a long time. I want to supercharge it for the power and the sound. I don't want my car turbo'd with a loud blow off valve. I want the whistle from the supercharger
#5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
n00b

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I'm in BCIT automotive so I'm learning to become a mechanic so I plan on doing most of the work myself if possible. I also have a great BMW mechanic that chargers around or under $50 an hour
#6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:30 PM
4DoorWhore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
Well that's an excellent response. However they don't make kits for your car. Ts too old and not profitable for companies. Your only real option is to assemble the components of a supercharger and make a mounting bracket yourself

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
#7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
And - speaking from LOTS of expensive experience - Recall and see below - both my cars are supercharged and loaded - here are some more things to consider...it is a SLIPPERY SLOPE to add a SC to your car - with great power comes - the need for big brakes, the need for wheels that fit over the brakes, tires for the wheels, suspension upgrades, quicker wear and tear and tuning needs. If you want sound - spend a little money on a performance exhaust like Remus. That is MUCH cheaper and lower on maintenance. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 5-Series (E12,E28, E34, E39, E60)