BMW Werkz banner

Vibration Through Whole Car

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  hpacc 
#1 ·
I have a vibration through the whole car at speeds of 60-90mph. I can feel it through my seat and the floor. Also where my legs rest against the door and transmission tunnel it can be felt. The steering wheel doesn't vibrate anymore than the rest of the car so I'm thinking it's something at the rear or possibly prop shaft related. The vibration is only small but very high frequency. I've had the wheels balanced 3 times at different places. Still the same. I've had new brake discs and pads all round. Still the same. I've even bought 4 new original equipment Conti Ecocontact Tyres yesterday. Still the same. The wheels are original and aren't buckled.

I have seen many posts describing similar problems. Has anyone actually fixed this? If so how? I've already spent £700 ($1300) trying to sort this and I'm now losing my patience. There is no pleasure at all in driving the car anymore. It used to be fantastic at high speed. Please help!!

#5 ·
possibly a bent rim?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.